Who are you?

Coordinator
Oct 29, 2012 at 9:48 PM

I see that pretty much people out there downloading TradePlatform.NET. Can you please share how you use it and what is your ambitions. Maybe you find it useful to program experts or use some kind of integration or just for fun.

It's really interesting to get to know how you use TradePlatform.NET

Oct 30, 2012 at 3:49 PM

I have developed some .NET applications to support my own trading. The first application I wil convert to use TradePlatform is 'FXPlore', an application to track order and basket profits. At this moment an EA dumps all data to csv, which the app reads every 5 minutes. Using TradePlatform I can bring this 'on-line'.

Nov 5, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Hi Vladkalos,

First of all, thank you for all your efforts you put into TradePlatform. I'm completely new to EA programmning using the MetaTrader platform, although I've programmed automatic traders in the past. I'm currently using a competitors Api, but have marked TradePlatform as the most interesting and most promising Api for the near future. I'm currently considering switching to TradePlatform as soon as I get the Api integration working (having some issues, must be my bad), and I'm waiting for the documentation and a stable release. As I'm new to EA programming I'm still a bit on the sideline, but I will consider more involvement in the future.

Kind regards,

Christian Snijder

Coordinator
Nov 5, 2012 at 2:30 PM

We about to become leading MT4 API solution. And also we going to stay Free

I have nothing against that people find competitors API better. Maybe they are in some meaning. But I'm sure one day others falls short :)

It's not about completion actually, we don't get money for TradePlatform.NET so it's not about who will be better for requested price. We believe that frameworks should be free and this is our gift to community. We also using TradePlatform.NET for our trading solutions and this is point where we gain.

We still have some cool stuff to include in next release in addition to what there already. Documentation will be done shortly and stable release is basically ready to be deliver. We release one when Documentation will be done.

Dec 2, 2012 at 9:06 PM

I tried to find a C++ API for MT4 but well there is none :) So after research ended up here. Target is to program a simple trade bot in C++/CLI. The current documentation how to make bot dll's for MT4 directly is too weak inside Google so for now I will stick with your project and use it as an API wrapper. The MQL4 scripts are way too complicated, we just need a simple to use API. Spaciba :)

Dec 20, 2012 at 8:46 PM

I use TradePlatform to link my charting package with Metatrader.  My charting package generates entry and exit signals and they get executed on Metatrader.  This is the best solution I've found to linking the two without resorting to weird C# to native code solutions.  I actually found one, but it doesn't allow me the flexibility that TradePlatform does.  It's a great product!

Dec 21, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Using this to try and create a Coral8 (Complex Event Processor) adapter. Will eventually aggregrate prices from a few MT4 Brokers. Like the simplicity of the connectivity - nice going! :) Kick7

Dec 21, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Hi Vladkalos,

I want to thank you too for this great FREE product.

Like I said in my other post: more I use it more I like it.

At this point the biggest benefit I'm getting from it is DEBUGGING.

I prefer to have any END EA or indicator as is, compiled from  .mq4 file, but on development stage TradePlatform.NET is huge.

Thank you,

Alex

Dec 21, 2012 at 3:37 PM
Edited Dec 21, 2012 at 3:38 PM

In additon to the top.

I think nex step in development has to be ability to test EA on multiple pairs.

This will be major step forward.