Ask for feature

Coordinator
Aug 3, 2012 at 12:04 PM
Edited Aug 18, 2012 at 2:34 PM

You can ask for any feature you desire to see in TradePlatform. If it meet our visions, most probably it will be implemented in next releases :)

Oct 3, 2012 at 3:48 AM

As I understood I must develop a library to trade with TradePlatform. Is it possible to create some GUI to control trading process and make deals?

Coordinator
Oct 3, 2012 at 8:13 AM

You understand right. With current release you are able to communicate with MT4 only via .NET ExpertAdvisor class. But we got already some requests regarding similar use cases, so our highest priority for next release is to introduce better way for integration of Gateway into custom application.

I can't tell how exactly it will be done as it is still under development. if you really need such scenario, you can use your .NET ExpertAdvisor like a 'pusher' for your GUI application via TCP, WCF or something, but I understand that it's gonna take a lot of development effort from your side. If you not in rush, please wait until next release which planned for this month. We will introduce out of box approach for integration scenario.

Thank you for your interest and stay with us :)

Oct 7, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Edited Oct 7, 2012 at 12:07 AM

If I Understand you correctly, I would need to start a TCP/WCF server from my ExpertAdvisor and have it communicate directly with my external app.  If I do this, would  there would be any reason for the gateway program to be running?  

Is there is no way to connect to the gateway, to receive the updates it is receiving, to an external app?  I tried attaching to it, but did not receive anything.

I guess I do not understand the reason for the Gateway application.  Thank you for your help!  Confused

Coordinator
Oct 8, 2012 at 6:56 AM

The reason of Gateway application is to handle communication with MT4 Terminal. The is no other way to communication with it. You don't have to connect somehow to Gateway Console Application. The way I suggested - is to build another TCP server for your custom application and implement TCP client on your expert. But this looks like big deal, so please wait till next release, We are working on refactoring, so further you will be able to create an instance of Gateway class (former application) and handle MT4 communication directly in your application without Console application. Further console application will be meant as cluster approach to keep multiply instances of Gateway class.

Coordinator
Oct 29, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Now you can integrate your custom application with MetaTrader in TradePlatform.NET 2.0. Check out sample on home page and more sample under source control. Further documentation will come soon.