This project is read-only.

Big Picture

Nov 12, 2012 at 4:06 PM

I have been looking at TradePlatform documentation for a few hours now but I am having trouble figuring out what it does in the big picture.

I have a lot of experience programming C# and also trading Forex, but almost no experience using MT4. Unfortunately the place I trade Forex (Oanda) only really has automated trading if one uses MT4.

My interest is in basically remotely controlling MT4 using a C# program and a communication link to MT4 (like TCP or something). For example, writing a C# program and single stepping through it in Visual Studio and watching an indicator appear on the Metatrader window.

I can't tell for sure from the documentation whether TradePlatform exposes a communication link OR allows a programmer to write a program in C# that is then loaded into the MT4 system an executed there. It appears that the second option is what TradePlatform does but I would like to be sure before spending a lot of time since I am only interested in the first option for now.

Either way, TradePlatform looks like a really good program. Also if TradePlatform is close to doing what I want, then I would be interested in helping to make it complete in that area.

Nov 14, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Hi Danc3,

I had the same question, which is more than likely caused by some pieces of outdated documentation focused on TradePlatform 1.2. The new TraderPlatform (2.0)  supports integration and is futher explained here (https://tradeplatform.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Integrate%20MetaTrader%20with%20custom%20application&referringTitle=Documentation). I must admit that I haven't switched to TradePlatform yet(!) in my solution and I don't have all the answers yet, but it seems like this is what you're looking for.

Chris

Nov 14, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Chris

Thanks. I think that the page you pointed me at is the one I needed. Not sure why I missed it. After reading it I think you may be right about it describing what I am looking for. I will have to see if I can get something to work based on the info.

Thanks again...

Dan