subscribing to multiple quotes

Dec 18, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Edited Dec 21, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Hi - I am thinking of using this architecture to receive quotes from multiple crosses (potentially 20) although the metatrader architecture where EA are hooked up per chart could make this pretty inefficient. Also not sure if the TradePlatform architecture can handle this? Also what would be the best way to proceed... I see there is an event handler QuoteListener which fires when a quote comes through although to hook this to multiple crosses ...?

Cheers

Kick7

Dec 18, 2012 at 1:23 PM

OK I have tried using the  Bridge.GetTerminal() which seems can be used for that same host and different crosses and hooking this up an event handler per cross. Will investigate further.

Dec 21, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Got this working - any ideas whether one should use a port per currency pair? As the same port can be used it seems.

Also is there a different thread listening per port on the Bridge side? Probably goes down to whether MT4 has a thread per Expert/Chart - which I assume probably is the case. Soo.... - port per currency pair then. Anyone agree with my logic...?

Dec 22, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Edited Dec 22, 2012 at 9:24 AM

I didn't reply here as I was going to see what others would say. Fact is, this is exactly how I've got my solution running. Multiple Bridges, multiple ports and those events are feeding my trader. How is this working for you? I've got one issue with this tho: https://tradeplatform.codeplex.com/discussions/415202