Elementary Tutorial

Apr 26, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Hi all,
I have make a very simple tutorial, please visit:
slideshare.

Any suggestion can be sent to kenykau@gmail.com
May 13, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Hi kenykau,

Thanks for posting the tutorial. I've been playing around with TradePlatform today and it looks great. Looking forward to exploring it in more depth. Following on from several discussions threads I've seen, I thought I'd post my own installation notes in case they are of any use to others...

To Setup Shell App:
  1. Downloaded/Extracted Source Code (tradeplatform-77760.zip)
  2. VS2012: Removed WCF '.../Services.targets' reference from Shell.csproj to get it to open with all other projects in SDK solution
  3. VS2012: Installed 'WCF Data Services' via VS2012 Package Console Manager ('PM> Install-Package Microsoft.Data.Services -Pre')
  4. VS2012: Removed outdated reference to System.Data.Services in TradePlatform.MT4.SDK.Shell.Project.cs
  5. VS2012: Removed outdated Microsoft.Data.Services reference in Shell and Win projects and re-linked to new version in solution package
  6. VS2012: Set Shell as the start up project
  7. VS2012: Updated app.config with relevant smtp and receive email settings (did this in both Shell & Win projects)
  8. VS2012: Ran Debug Mode -
  9. .NET Shell 2.2.1.0 notes: ' TCP listening for MT4 AT 127.0.0.1:2007' and 'TradePlatform Data Services is serving at http://localhost:8080/TradePlatform'
  10. MT4: Ran MT4
  11. VS2012: Set a breakpoint in TradePlatform.MT4.SDK.Library.Experts.MACrossExpert and watched it hit with each tick
Additional Setup:
I was also interested in source copies of TradePlatform.MT4.Core and TradePlatform.MT4.Data. As per discussion board I found the source code for TradePlatform.MT4.Core at (https://github.com/welly87/forexsharp/) which I then added to my copy of TradePlatform.MT4.SDK (updated all the local references to it, of course). No source available for MT4.Data for now though.

Running TradePlatform.MT4.SDK.Win
  1. VS2012: Set TradePlatform.MT4.SDK.Win as start up project
  2. VS2012: Hardcoded the terminal ID in Form1.cs
  3. MT4: Opened MT4
  4. MT4: Double clicked on Expert_NET Expert Advisor and set the System_NET_ApplicationName Input field to 'QuoteListener'
  5. VS2012: Compiled and ran debug
  6. VS2012: Ticks were successfully listened to and Form1 updated accordingly. Buy and Sell functions operational too.
May 23, 2013 at 3:55 AM
Hi bendyarm,
thanks for completing the tutorial.
Jun 6, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Nice document kenykau. Really helps.

THANKS!